Word-Filled Wednesday

This week’s WFW takes a more somber theme than I’ve done before. Nolemana and I own a real estate appraisal business, and in addition to appraising homes in our area, we also do foreclosure reviews. As a result, we get to see the insides of houses from all over the country that are in foreclosure, which is a sad thing in itself. Some of the homes are in pristine condition, while others have been completely trashed by angry former owners.

I love seeing all these houses because in all likelihood Nolemana and I won’t be going to all the cities in which these properties are located. So I get to see what other parts of the country are like, thanks to the appraisals we are reviewing as well as GoogleMaps, especially when there is a street view. I love the street views; sometimes I just use my arrow keys and travel around a city just to see what it’s like. I’ve “been in” the Las Vegas desert as well as the lush Tennessee hills.

This week, however, what I saw in the appraiser’s interior photos made me sad. Someone had obviously punched a hole in the wall, and someone else, I assume, had written on the wall. I will have no way of ever knowing who made the hole or who wrote on the wall. Was the person who penned the psalms there afraid? Was s/he scared of whoever punched the hole?

The juxaposition of the punched hole in the wall and the psalms written there made me realize once again that truly He is our very present help in time of trouble. Perhaps the writer was affirming that. Perhaps s/he was crying out for help. I add both people represented by that wall to my prayers. I pray that the one who punched the hole in the wall will find peace that only God can give, and that the writer will experience anew what s/he wrote on that wall in the now-empty house.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Word-Filled Wednesdays. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Word-Filled Wednesday

1. Denise says:

Thanks for sharing, be blessed.

2. Willow says:

that’s just sad. I hope that whomever did both, the writing of the psalms and the hole-punching, is brought to God by these hard times. Thanks so much for sharing.

3. Esthermay says:

How sobering! Kinda’ leaves ya’ without words. God knows all!

4. he & me +3 says:

Wow! Really makes you stop & think. I do love that verse…we sing it as a song.

5. Willnette says:

We never know what people are going through. Sometimes all we can do is lift them in prayer and give thanks for God’s goodness in our own lives.

Reality Check,

6. Deanna says:

That is a really powerful and thought provoking picture. Thanks for sharing!

7. What a powerful picture…It took my breath away.

8. Twinkle Mom says:

Heavenly Father, please bless these Gentle Souls..what a thought provoking image that really makes one stop and reflect!! God bless you for sharing.

9. Peggy says:

Blessings Mokihana…How very difficult when someone is crying out to God &writes the psalms but has no peace and leaves a punch! One can only pray & trust God to resolve the problem. In these economics times, we should show more compassion on people who are so impacted. No me gusta la ira but
    GRACIAS for visiting me & sharing! May God keep you blessed also! Enjoy WFW!

10. Laurie Ann says:

May God bless this person and help them make it through….Very thought-provoking WFW. Thanks for sharing.

11. That was sad, but on the same hand it was encouraging to know that someone was reaching out to God in their troubles. Thanks for sharing, what an interesting post!

12. Michele says:

We are in difficult times…. Thank you for sharing.

13. Wow! We really never know what someone else is going through. I hope that whoever wrote that has found peace. May God be with them and protect them. Thanks for posting!

14. Lisa says:

How sad. May God’s words comfort them as only God can do.

15. Debra says:

Very sad-it must break your heart to see this stuff…
    Love, Debra

16. Amydeanne says:

very powerful! hugs

17. A very sobering post indeed…so many are hurting. We must tell them of God’s love and His power to heal our pain.

18. Lea says:

Hi Mokihana,
    Stopped by to read your wfw… and was so blessed to see this post.
    I’ll never forget it.