Got this from my friend ova hea… lucky her, she’s in Hawai‘i while I’m in the middle of snow, ice and 18-degree weather!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Not “one”, but my middle name tells of the valley on O‘ahu where I grew up. 18 letters long. “Mokihana” is the island flower of Hawai‘i.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
This morning, when I found out my surrogate mom died.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Dare I say Spam?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yeah, two fantastic daughters.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Only on my good days.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Emotionally, absolutely. Physically? Not so much.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Baskin-Robbins Mandarin Chocolate Sherbet. Only they haven’t made it for years. So I settle for Jamoca Almond Fudge.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
If they’re too absorbed in themselves to really connect with others.
15. RED OR PINK?
I guess red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My ‘ohana back home.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO DO THIS?
If they wanna.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Barefoot in the house; white tennis shoes outside.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Miso soup! Am eating it now. Ho, da ‘ono!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Hawaiian Christmas songs.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Plumeria, gardenia, pikake… and coffee aroma when I walk into Hawaiian Beanz Coffee Shop in Damascus.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Yes… I really enjoy our blog/Hawai‘i connection.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Not many at all. I have better things to do. I like watching sheepdog trials, polo, any equestrian event though.
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Sometimes; depends on my mood.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Anything local… poi, lomi salmon, laulau, musubi, mochi, miso soup, sushi….
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I like psychological dramas but nothing gruesome. And give me the happy ending every time.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Navy sweatshirt with snow covered trees.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Who’s giving ’em?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Mochi, anything coffee-flavored, warm cookies, marzipan
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
I hope Lika, AFK and Kikue will.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Somebody with too little time to bother
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Nightfall, by Nelson DeMille.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Diamond Head and the ocean.. looks kinda like a Wyland print.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Whale Wars and the snowy weather forecast. Around here, all other programming is cancelled because of the “snow event”. Talk about making something outa relatively nothing.
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Lots… studded tires on pavement, tires with chains on snow. My doves cooing. Water, water, water. The ocean.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
From Hawai‘i: to Pocatello, Idaho
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Writing, I think. Knitting. Beadwork. Handspinning. Aside from that, perseverence.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHAT ARE YOU BAKING NEXT?
Sour cream cookies. Then caramel brownies.
48. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR FIRST BOYFRIEND IS?
He died in Vietnam.
49. WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING RIGHT NOW?
Miso soup and green tea
50. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
Whoever like doyem! Post in da comments section or on your blog if u get.
WOW! That’s a loooong one! It was fun to read your answers. You were always an interesting person to me. Yes! The fun person that you are 😀
Wow, u like me do wun an put em’ in hea? Das a lot of ansahs.
Okay, I stay lilo bit slow (wat else is new?) but I ESPECIALLY
love your answer to #22 – I too would be extravagantly purple
(sorry – hit “submit” befo’ I was pau wit da post).